Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Olympics, continued:


After all the sad and negative news from Colorado, it's such a relief to read about our own Missy Franklin, the 17 year old high school student from Colorado who won 2 gold and a bronze medal, so far.  She is a great example for all girls and all of us.  Missy is a tribute to her own hard work, her parents, and her coach.  Her parents chose not to send her to an elite swimming school or to hire a famous coach, so she stayed in Colorado and honed her swimming skills.  She and her team mates have a good relationship too, which helps.  They have fun; they dance; they enjoy just being there, being part of an amazing time in their lives.


I am writing about an American woman; there are terrific athletes from all over the world, so please add your comments about them.  Of course, our newspapers here in Colorado emphasize our athletes.


I would love to be in the UK now, I have to admit.  Nothing would match being there in person.


Note:  I received a "warning" about using intellectual property without permission, which means photos scanned from magazines and YouTube, I guess.  So now I am bereft; I know how much illustrations add to posts, so I am thinking about how to add a little color to my posts, and unfortunately am not as creative as one of my favorite blogs, "Clay Baboons."  I have a few ideas, though.

4 comments:

  1. I think Mr. Hobbes is doing a brilliant job illustrating your post! I, too love watching the Olympics. I'm not athletic and just watching the accomplishments of our world's young athletes is such a joy! We certainly need these times after the sad news recently.

    Maybe Lover of Words can use some of her own sketches in future blogs. I happen to know that she is a talented writer AND artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to have comments from close friends, but I do appreciate yours, CQ.

      Delete
  2. hmmm i didn't know i couldn't put videos or other things on my blog---i am glad you said something--i certainly don't want any trouble---glad you are enjoying the olympics:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the links I sent you helped. I am still not sure of what I can or cannot do concerning photos, You Tube, etc.

      Delete