A Lovely Blog Award
This was given to me by a lovely lady, Jo Henderson, who lives in Canada and when I looked up "lovely" in the dictionary, trying to be more creative, I read that one of the meanings is "enjoyable, delightful," which describes Jo's blog @ henderson-jo.blogspot.com Thank you, Jo.
The rules are:
1. name and thank the blogger
2. List 7 facts about yourself
3. Award 15 other bloggers this award
I realize that not everyone I listed wants to do this. It does take time, etc. Because of the title, I hesitated to give this to any men except Mark koopemans who is a stay-at-home dad of three boys and who could use all the encouragement he can get. Other bloggers I admire do not have a connection I can use. I don't know how to do the "blogger friends" thing.
Seven Facts About Myself
1. met my husband at my 20th High School Reunion
2. have two sons, a step-daughter, and four grandsons and a great sister!
3. went back to college in my 40's, graduated with honors, did student teaching in Winchester, England, taught high school in Los Angeles
4. books, art, opera, Mozart, Cole Porter, Stephen Sondheim, folk music, country/western, the mountains, travel, cooking and history are some of my interests
5. secret vice--shelter magazines, and Vogue (only vices I can discuss here)
6. what I miss about not being young, the "second look" and the energy I had
7. am first generation, Russian, both parents were born in Russia
One more thing: Love mysteries set in other countries, Japan, France, England, Iceland, South America
15 Bloggers--to select, highlight blog address, then right click and choose "Go To..."