Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for UP:


favorite animated film from Disney and Pixar


If you haven't seen UP,you are in for a treat.  Carl Fredrickson, a retired widower, and balloon salesman, decides to tie hundreds of balloons to his house, which is scheduled for demolition, and fly off to his youthful dream, Peru.  But, he has a stowaway on board, an overeager Explorer Scout, who has unwittingly stood on Carl's porch, trying to earn his Explorers badge by helping Carl, and the house takes off with Russell hanging on, terrified.


The animation is excellent, the story interesting.  The perfect little movie for a rainy day with children, or just a funny movie to make you laugh and remember what fun it was to watch movies as a kid.




Released in 2009.  What are your favorite animated films?
  


                           Movie Trailer, Courtesy of You Tube
                           and Disney/Pixar













9 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite Disney movies, along with Wall*E and Rapunzel. Well, and a few others of the classics. But Up is an endearing movie that has it all. I especially love the first sequence that tells Carl's and Milly's story. I was crying ten minutes into the movie. =) Great post!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    From Diary of a Writer in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites! I sob like a little baby, though. They did an incredibly great job with this film.

    ~Lynn
    http://www.acommonsea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, it was wonderful to see an old man so well portrayed. And as you both said, the story of Carl and Milly when they were young and how he lost her was sad and poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the best animated films in a long time. I must admit that I loved a lot of the Disney ones from Snow White onward, and also The Rescuers.
    My 4-yr-old granddaughter can't get enough of watching 'The Siamese Cat Song' from Lady and the Tramp. It makes me smile every time I see it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. Bambi was a favorite when I was four. But you probably know that Peggy Lee composed, wrote the lyrics and sang the song--"We are Siamese if you please"....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite? Really dug Rango and Flushed Away. (Something about the singing slugs just makes me laugh.)
    Thanks for stopping by my site. I may be a Challenge co-host and author, but otherwise I'm just a dude trying to do his best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my kid loves this movie and so do i, albeit for very different reasons...that first sequence is just so breath-taking...i get a little misty eyed just thinking about it.

    i talk all about our favorite animated movies in the 'm' challenge...
    http://smhasty.blogspot.com/2012/04/m-is-for-movies.html

    i biggest favorite is 'the nightmare before christmas' :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete